As we know, mango is known as the king of all fruits and is also the most popular fruit in India. One of the major import varieties from India are Kent, Tomy Atkin, Alphonso, and Kesar. Importing mangoes from India is a profitable business, as the mango fruit is in high demand globally. In this blog, we will discuss the mango import market in brief and the most popular mango varieties imported from India.
Overview of the Mango Import Market
India is the largest producer of mangoes in the world. The major mango-producing states in India are Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Bihar, and Gujarat. As mango is a seasonal fruit, and in India, the harvest season typically lasts from March until July.
Did you know that mango is considered sacred in many religions?
The fruit is also very popular in India. Mangoes, commonly known as mangoes, are available in various forms all year round in the supermarket.
The mango import market has grown significantly over the years. The Mango Market is worth approximately $57,332.9 million in 2021, with an annual growth rate (CAGR) OF 6.4%. The mango market is expected to increase from $57,332.0 million in 2021 to $77,942.1 million in 2026 at a growth rate of 6.3%, as per Mango Import Data.
Based on Mango import data, the total global import quantities of fresh mangoes, mangosteens, and guavas are estimated to decrease by 1 percent in 2022, to 2.1 million metric tons. The European Union and the United States of America will remain the two prime global importers, with expected import shares of 26 percent and 18 percent, respectively. Based on import data for Mangoes, the major import destinations for Indian mangoes are the USA, Indonesia, China, India, and the Netherlands.
Which Indian mango is the best in the world?
One of the most popular mangoes in India is the alphonso, which is also known as the hapus in north India. Alphonso is a large fruit, both in size and flavor, with vivid yellow skin and creamy orange overtones. It is well-known and cherished due to its exceptional flavor.
It is mostly grown in Ratnagiri and the surrounding areas of Maharashtra. You'd like this mango for its rounded shape, shiny skin, and buttery flesh.
The top 3 Indian Mango Varieties include:
- Alphonso: Considered the "King of Mangoes," the Alphonso mango is renowned for its flavorful flesh, silky texture, and golden hue. City of Sourcing: Maharashtra, Ratnagiri.
- Kesar: The Kesar mango has a distinctive pulp color of saffron and a distinctive aroma. It is consider for its tasty flavor and may be used in a variety of culinary preparations. Purchasing City: Gujarat's Junagadh.
- Dasheri: The Dasheri mango is used for its elongated shape and sweet, aromatic flavor. It has a paper-thin skin and a luscious, fiberless pulp. City of Procurement: Malihabad, Uttar Pradesh.
Who is the biggest importer of mangoes?
As we know, India is one of the biggest importers of mangoes in the world, and its demand is increasing day by day. As per the Mango import data, the top importers of Guavas, mangoes, and mangosteens, fresh or dried, in 2021 were
- China ($795M)
- United States ($743 million)
- Netherlands ($327M)
- United Kingdom ($211 million)
- Germany ($202M)
- Canada $145
- France $142
- Spain $120
However, other countries that import mangoes from India include South Korea, Hong Kong etc. If you are a business and trade internationally in mangoes then mango import data is of great help to you. We would recommend you visit EximPedia.app to discover the authentic and latest global trade data for mangoes.
Also Read: How to export mango from India
How Can I Import Mangoes?
Mango imports, as well as other product imports from India, have surged during the last ten years. The primary imports, besides mangoes, are clothes, organic chemical goods, crude oil, and petroleum products. Additionally, there has been a sharp increase in the import of medications from India.
If you want to import mangoes from India, there are several steps that you need to follow:
- APEDA Registration: The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority is an Indian Apex-Export Trade Promotion Functional Government Body. APEDA is the exclusive body for the export advancement of fresh vegetables and fruits. You need to register with APEDA to acquire an importer's code and to be eligible for various import incentives.
- Fulfill Legal Formalities: To Import mangoes globally, you need to acquire numerous licenses and permits, such as a phytosanitary certificate, a certificate of origin, and a certificate of analysis.
- Find Global Buyers: You can find buyers for your mangoes through government platforms and online dashboards like EximPedia.app. Here you can find an updated list of importers and exporters of mangoes and other specific products.
- Find the Best Mode of Transport: Now, you need to arrange for the transportation and packaging of your mangoes. Mangoes are perishable, and hence, they require to be transported in refrigerated containers. Also, you need to decide whether you want to import or export your cargo by sea, land, or air.
- Explore Import Trade Data: You need to discover the Import data for mango from the topmost data–driven platform like EximPedia.app and disclose global market insights on only one platform.
- Maintain Quality Standards: Mangoes imported into India need to meet the quality standards set by the importing country. Make sure your mangoes are of high quality and uninfected by bugs or illnesses.
When compared to other industries, the mango business is one of the most successful businesses in the global arena. By following the required steps, such as obtaining the permits and licenses, selecting the right packaging and transportation methods, obtaining accurate Mango Import data, and ensuring compliance with global trade, importers can easily enter the growing demand for mangoes in the worldwide market.
The potential for importing this delicious fruit is vast, and with the right approach, importers can easily gain the most updated and authentic market information through our dedicated data-driven platform. Also, if you need to know more about the updated export and import data for mango, connect with EximPedia.app to explore the global market.